Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
I made this recipe in a recent Food Tech class and loved it. It's a very thick soup thats great for a cold winter.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon coriander, stems chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the diced onion. Cook until sauteed and add the curry powder.
- Cook the onion until it has absorbed the curry powder and reduce the heat to medium/low.
- Add the chicken stock, potatoes and corriander stems to the onion and cover with a lid for 20-30 minutes or until the potato starts to fall apart in the stock.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut cream and peanuts. Stir until combined.
- Use a stick blender or food processor to blend the soup until all the potato is pureed and the soup is thick.
- If you are wanting a runnier soup, add some cream or milk to the mixture.
- Serve immediately topped with corriander leaves and season with salt and pepper.