Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice side dish served with savoury chicken and crusty white bread. A nice subtle blending of flavours.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened to grease pan
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped 2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, sweet, chopped 2-inch pieces (may sub with yellow pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup red sweet pepper, chopped 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄8 cup golden raisin, cut in half
- 1 cup mango, chopped 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup mango juice or 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease pan lightly with butter.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, onions, orange and red peppers, ginger, raisins, mango, salt, pepper and nutmeg together and place into prepared pan.
- Next mix the brown sugar and flour together, then the mango juice with the vinegar.
- Now mix the sugar mixture with the juice mixture and pour over the vegetables.
- Dot with the diced butter.
- Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.
Mmmm. What more can I say? I wanted to take a picture of this beautiful dish but it didn't last too long. Thanks!
very good, love the warm mangoes, pretty easy to make too.
This is an OUTSTANDINGLY flavorful side dish & a great way to get some people to eat sweet potatoes! I did dice the veggies a bit smaller then called for, & chopped the raisins as well [forget trying to cut each of those suckers in half!] & I was very satisfied with the results! Thanks much for this great recipe!