Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From BBC Good Food http://bit.ly/8bl89t
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 21.26 g fresh coriander
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, grated
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, grated (thumb-sized, about 2 Tbsp)
- 793.78 g sweet potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1182.95 ml vegetable broth
- 118.29 ml red lentil
- 295.73 ml milk
- 1 lime, juice of
- Separate the coriander leaves from the stalks. Reserve the leaves for garnish, and chop the stalks finely; set aside.
- Add curry powder to a dry saucepan and toast over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add oil and stir; powder will sizzle. Add onion, apple, garlic, ginger and coriander stalks. Season with salt and pepper, and cook gently 5 minutes.
- Peel and grate the sweet potatoes. Add to sauce pan with broth, lentils and milk. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. Blend smooth with an immersion (stick) blender.
- Stir in lime juice, adjust salt and pepper and serve, garnished with reserved coriander leaves.
A soup that took the chills out of the bones with just the right amount of zing to warm you through and tingle the taste buds even the DM who usually rejects spicy really enjoyed this soup for lunch. Thak you DrGaellon.