1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
This soup is a little spicy, elegant enough for a dinner party, super cheap to make and very tasty... Don't be put off by the lentils - trust me you won't know they are there (and secretly they are so good for you).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and roughly chop the onions and sweet potatoes - can be chunky.
- 2Combine with the stock or water, lentils, garlic, cumin, cayenne and turmeric in a pot.
- 3Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer until the potatoes and lentils are cooked - about 20-30 minutes.
- 4Puree the soup, adding in the coriander and the juice of the lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste (lots of pepper for me).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 361.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g