1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Tortilla
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A lovely vegetarian main course even for Christmas. To get ahead: Make the tortilla the day before. Cool in the tin, cover and keep chilled. To serve hot, turn out the tortilla, slice and lay flat on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover with foil and reheat in a hot oven for 10-15min.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (mixed red and yellow)
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml cream
- 113.39 g soft fresh goat cheese, chopped
- 113.39 g taleggio cheese, chopped
- 85.04 g baby spinach leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F Put the potato in a large roasting tin, season and drizzle over half the oil. Toss well.
- 2Put the peppers, fennel, garlic and onion in a second tin. Season, drizzle over the remaining oil and toss well. Put both tins in the oven and roast for 30-35min or until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Whisk together the eggs, cream and cheeses and season with plenty of coarsely ground black pepper.
- 4Line the base and sides of a 8in round, 3in deep cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- 5Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F Layer the roasted vegetables in the tin with the spinach, adding a little egg mix as you go. Pour in any remaining egg mix and cook the tortilla in the centre of the oven for about 1hr 15min or until the egg is set and the top golden.
- 6Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 269.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.1 g