Recipe by PaulaG
This was printed in my local newspaper and I gave it a try. A very different way to serve sweet potatoes and so delicious. The great joy in this recipe is it gives you a variation for day one and then on day 2 you can dress it up a little differently and enjoy once again.
Top Review by melodyjean
Day 2 was a big hit and day 1 was good, too. The 1.5 pounds of sweet potatoes (3 medium) made a lot. I would cut back to 1 pound (2 sweet potatoes) next time. Thanks for two new healthy and easy meals.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml lime juice (Fresh is best.)
- 22.18 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 680.38 g sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 118.29 ml toasted chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml unsalted peanuts
- 59.14 ml sliced scallion
Day 2 (Asian Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad)
- 709.77 ml shredded cooked chicken
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 9.85 ml toasted sesame oil (Or to taste.)
- mixed greens
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oilive oil, lime juice, sugar, ginger and salt until combined.
- Add the grated sweet potatoes, nuts and scallions; reserve approximately 2 cups of the mixture for day 2 variation and serve the remainder in the lettuce leaf cups.
- Day 2: In a medium size bowl, toss together the reserved sweet potato slaw with the chicken, hoisin sauce and seasame oil; serve over a bed of mixed greens.
- The recipe serves 8, 4 on day 1 and 4 on day 2.