1/4 Photos of Sweet Potato and Ginger Slaw Times 2
This was printed in my local newspaper and I gave it a try. A very different way to serve sweet potatoes and so delicious. The great joy in this recipe is it gives you a variation for day one and then on day 2 you can dress it up a little differently and enjoy once again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice (Fresh is best.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
Day 2 (Asian Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (Or to taste.)
- mixed greens
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the oilive oil, lime juice, sugar, ginger and salt until combined.
- 2Add the grated sweet potatoes, nuts and scallions; reserve approximately 2 cups of the mixture for day 2 variation and serve the remainder in the lettuce leaf cups.
- 3Day 2: In a medium size bowl, toss together the reserved sweet potato slaw with the chicken, hoisin sauce and seasame oil; serve over a bed of mixed greens.
- 4The recipe serves 8, 4 on day 1 and 4 on day 2.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Ginger Slaw Times 2
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 264.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 15.7 g