Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From "Everyday Foods" No. 23 (June 2005).
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Ginger Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh!)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare sweet potatoes: peel and cut into 3/4" chunks.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper; roast until fork-tender (about 35 minutes).
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, 1 tablespoons oil, ginger, and Dijon mustard.
- Add scallion slices and sweet potatoes, and toss to coat with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.
This was pretty good, I enjoyed it for breakfast, thanks!
This is a wonderful recipe..... I have made it for potlucks many times and people rave about it. I have a gas/convection oven which usually cooks rather fast but the sweet potatoes take a bit longer than stated to cook thoroughly. This recipe is simple to make and it is healthy. What could be better?