Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A tasty combo sweet veg and salty cheese. These can be frozen at the end of step 3. Store them in greaseproof paper between layers and defrost before cooking.
- 450 g sweet potatoes, diced
- 450 g potatoes, diced
- 50 g butter
- 15 g torn basil leaves
- 225 g dolcelatte, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the potatoes in a large pan and boil for 10 mins until tender. Drain and mash with the butter, set aside to cool. Once cool stir in the basil.
- Use you hands to flatten the potato mix into a 2 inch disc. Place a cube of cheese in the middle and mould the mix around the cheese. repeat until all the mixture is gone.
- Place egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each fritter in egg then roll in the breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to cook (can be frozen at this point).
- Heat the oil and deep fry the fritters in batches until golden brown.