- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 apple, chopped (any kind)
- 1⁄8 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 10-inch skillet heat apple juice.
- Add sweet potato slices, spreading evenly.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 12 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender.
- Stir in apple, cranberries, maple syrup, rum, and salt.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 3-4 minutes more or until apple is just tender.
- Uncover; boil gently for 3-4 minutes more or until liquid is syrupy.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.