Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this out of a magazine, is a lovely breakfast dish.
- 1 (310 g) can cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 cup roughly mashed cooked cold sweet potato
- butter (for pan frying) or oil (for pan frying)
- In a bowl mix together the corn, ginger, herbs,flour, milk and egg yolk.
- In a clean bowl beat the egg white until stiff.
- Fold the egg white and potato into the mixture.
- Heat the butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook large spoonfuls over a low to moderate heat for about 3 minutes each side.
- Serve with some grilled bacon.
We had breakfast for supper. Your fritters were delicious and a big hit with my family. I used fresh thyme and that, combined with the flavor of the fresh ginger was magic. I used about 1/4 cup for each fritter and that worked well. I cooked until slightly browned and crisp on the outside. We had them with scrambled eggs and bacon. Thanks Evie.
Easy to make a fab snack for my 9 month old baby!