Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is the first time that I’ve given this out…everyone wants it but no one gets it, until now….enjoy! Tips: * reduce fat by using olive oil spray instead of peanut oil * bake potatoes in microwave for quick cooking * serve with brown rice, lentils, meat curry
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking, you can use peanut oil for more flavour)
- 1 1⁄2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 medium white potatoes, diced
- 200 g chickpeas, from can drained
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch chili powder, to taste
- 1 pinch curry powder, to taste
- Saute onion and spices (onions must be clear) in peanut oil.
- Add tandoori paste and mix until fragrant.
- Add potatoes and stir-fry until cooked or golden.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, vegie stock and chilli.
- Add fresh coriander at end.
Wonderful tasting recipe and very easy to make. I could not find tandoori paste, so I mixed a tandoori spice with yoghurt and it worked wonderfully.