Recipe by MellyBelly
A low-fat, hearty, chicken soup. A great meal to put in the crockpot and enjoy on a cool evening.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock-pot place Chicken broth, diced carrots, celery, white potatos, and canned sweet potatos (drained).Chop of cloves of garlic, add half to crock-pot and reserve other half. Add white wine and set on 8 hours.
- In a pan add olive oil, reserved garlic, cajon seasong and pepper. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and brown in pan. After you have cooked chicken half way through, add chicken to crock-pot.
- Let cook for 6-8 hours.
- This soup is good alone, or you can add spatzle or your favorite noodles to it.