Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great make ahead dish. This delicious puree with a nutty crumb topping can also be frozen.
- 5 large sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 12 carrots (about 2 lb)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and cut potatoes and carrots into large chunks.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes and carrots for 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Puree in food processor or blender, in batches if necessary.
- Add orange juice, honey, butter, cinnamon, garlic and salt; blend well.
- Spoon into a greased 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish.
- (make ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days; or freeze for up to 2 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.) TOPPING: Mix crumbs, pecans, butter and parsley; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Cover with foil; bake in 350*F oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake for 30 minutes longer.