1/3 Photos of Sweet Potato and Carrot Casserole
1 hr 45 mins
Great holiday side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big pot, add potatoes, carrots, and enough water to cover; bring to a boil; lower heat to low,cover, and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- 2Drain vegetables; then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- 3Mash with a potato masher until almost a puree (do not puree in food processor as the texture will not be right).
- 4Add in the orange juice, egg, butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, bourbon, and salt/pepper to taste; stir until well blended.
- 5Stir in pecans; scape mixture into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- 6Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Carrot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 95.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g