Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 207 calories, 6.8 g fat 28 g carb, 3 g fiber, 19 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by Sasuran
This is absolutely one of the most delicious dishes I have ever tasted: it makes quite a lot, and I can happily eat it for lunch and dinner 2 or 3 days in a row! The only change I make is to add extra cider vinegar and let it simmer a bit longer - I like the extra bit of kick. Delish!!!
- 4 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes; drain.
- Let the oil get heated in a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the bacon; stir/saute for 4 minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper and onions; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes, salt, celery seed, black pepper, and nutmeg; cook 4 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add in broth and vinegar; stir.
- Toss gently until liquid is absorbed.