1 hr 15 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 207 calories, 6.8 g fat 28 g carb, 3 g fiber, 19 mg cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1Put the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes; drain.
- 3Let the oil get heated in a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add in the bacon; stir/saute for 4 minutes.
- 5Add in the bell pepper and onions; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- 6Add in the potatoes, salt, celery seed, black pepper, and nutmeg; cook 4 minutes and stir occasionally.
- 7Add in broth and vinegar; stir.
- 8Toss gently until liquid is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Canadian Bacon Hash
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 365.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: