Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Crunchy cakes that even sprout haters will love! Serve with a good dollop of soured cream.
Top Review by Jennifer Bennifer
Good Flavor. I made these, but I think I did something very wrong. I think maybe I cooked the potatoes too long. They were a lot stickier and harder to work with than I imagined. Final product was still gooey. Have you made these a few times? What were your results. I really think it was something I did. Please let me know.
- 225 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 450 g potatoes, chopped
- 225 g sweet potatoes, chopped
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- flour, for coating
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sprouts in boiling water for about 8 mins, they should be tender. Remove but reserve the water. Cool under running water and shred.
- Place the potatoes (both types) in the sprout water and cook for 8 mins until tender.
- Heat the butter in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes Sprinkle over the coriander and and cook for a further minute.
- Drain and mash the potatoes. Place the potatoes, sprouts, onion mix and coriander leaf in a bowl and mix well with hands.
- Flour your hands and form the mix into 8 cakes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the cakes for 4 mins each side until golden and crispy.