Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can't remember where I picked this up from but it is good, so I posting it so I won't lose it. It may sound like an odd combination but it does work
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumpled
- salt and pepper
- cream (to garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, cook sweet potato in stock until tender.
- Puree, return to heat and stir in lemon juice, blue cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer gently 10 minutes until cheese is melted. DO NOT allow to boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a few drizzles of cream.
This soup is wonderful! The blue cheese flavor is very subtle, but still there. I added a little onion, but made no other changes. I really loved the "bisque-like" texture. The swirled cream makes a pretty presentation. Thanx!