Was wanting a vegetarian mole enchilada and this is what I came up with.
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mild green chili, roasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mole, sauce (Mole Sauce (Chocolate Based))
- 2 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil, as needed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350°F Choose a baking dish that would hold 8 rolled enchiladas.
- Using a mixing bowl, combine the drained black beans with minced garlic and lime juice. Toss to coat the beans and set aside. In a separate bowl combine the cooked sweet potatoes with the chopped green chiles; add the spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the mole Sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- To assemble the enchiladas, grab a skillet and heat a dash of oil. Lightly cook the corn tortillas to soften them, one at a time, as you stuff each one.
- Lay the first hot tortilla in the sauced baking dish; wet it with the sauce. Spoon 1/8 of the sweet potato mixture down the center. Top with 1/8 of the black beans. Wrap and roll the tortilla to the end of the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top with the rest of the sauce. Top with a sprinkle of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are piping hot and the sauce is bubbling around the edges.