1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
Was wanting a vegetarian mole enchilada and this is what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked, and diced
- 1/2 cup mild green chili, roasted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -1 1/2 cup mole, sauce (Mole Sauce (Chocolate Based))
- 1Preheat your oven to 350°F Choose a baking dish that would hold 8 rolled enchiladas.
- 2Using a mixing bowl, combine the drained black beans with minced garlic and lime juice. Toss to coat the beans and set aside. In a separate bowl combine the cooked sweet potatoes with the chopped green chiles; add the spices. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour about 1/4 cup of the mole Sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4To assemble the enchiladas, grab a skillet and heat a dash of oil. Lightly cook the corn tortillas to soften them, one at a time, as you stuff each one.
- 5Lay the first hot tortilla in the sauced baking dish; wet it with the sauce. Spoon 1/8 of the sweet potato mixture down the center. Top with 1/8 of the black beans. Wrap and roll the tortilla to the end of the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top with the rest of the sauce. Top with a sprinkle of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- 6Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are piping hot and the sauce is bubbling around the edges.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 325.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: