Recipe by lh241
This is a great vegetarian (besides vegetable broth) that is very filling and very low fat. Gluten free as well for those that are allergic! Yummy!
For Enchilada filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked, cubed
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- chicken broth
For Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 -12 corn tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese or any other cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Choose a baking dish that would hold 8-12 enchiladas.
- Make your Enchilada Sauce by simmering the garlic in the broth for 3-4 minutes, then adding the rest of the ingredients and simmering until thickens a bit.Taste test. Set aside.
- In the meantime, saute the onion and garlic in the rest of the chicken broth for about 4 minutes. Once translucent, add the rest of the ingredients minus the lime juice and bring to warm. Once combined and warm, add the lime juice and stir. It should be rather thick but not dry!
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the Sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Lay the first tortilla in the sauced baking dish; wet it with the sauce. Spoon the mixture down the center. Wrap and roll the tortilla to the end of the baking dish. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Top with the rest of the sauce. If you like, top with a sprinkle of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the enchiladas are piping hot and the sauce is bubbling around the edges. Enjoy!