Recipe by Linorama
A surprising but delightful flavor combination - try it! As with most sandwiches, it's wide open for interpretation; this is the way we like it. I hope you do too! (Baking time is not included in prep time.)
Top Review by Sweet Chef
Delicious! I really enjoyed this sandwich. I added in some lettuce, seasoned the sweet potato slices with black pepper, and used flatbread folded over instead of sandwich bread. Didn't use tomato or alfalfa sprouts b/c I didn't have them on hand. I woud imagine baby spinach leaves would be good, too. Great summer lunch, will make again. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 sweet potato, baked, cooled, peeled, and thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine honey mustard, mayo and poppy seeds; spread onto all bread slices.
- Top 2 pieces of bread with sweet potato, red onion, avocado, tomato and alfalfa sprouts; top with remaining bread.
- Secure each sandwich with 2 wooden picks and cut in half to serve.