Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A surprising but delightful flavor combination - try it! As with most sandwiches, it's wide open for interpretation; this is the way we like it. I hope you do too! (Baking time is not included in prep time.)
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 sweet potato, baked, cooled, peeled, and thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- Combine honey mustard, mayo and poppy seeds; spread onto all bread slices.
- Top 2 pieces of bread with sweet potato, red onion, avocado, tomato and alfalfa sprouts; top with remaining bread.
- Secure each sandwich with 2 wooden picks and cut in half to serve.
Delicious! I really enjoyed this sandwich. I added in some lettuce, seasoned the sweet potato slices with black pepper, and used flatbread folded over instead of sandwich bread. Didn't use tomato or alfalfa sprouts b/c I didn't have them on hand. I woud imagine baby spinach leaves would be good, too. Great summer lunch, will make again. Thanks for sharing.
this sammy was great! The taste combination was soo good and sweet, I just loved it! I added some of those soy bacon bits and it was sooo delicious! Thanx for this recipe :)
What an amazingly different sandwich! My avocado was pretty ripe I was able to spread it on the bread. The dressing was sensational and I will be using in other sandwiches such as ham or sausage. But full marks for the sweet potato and avocado combo!