Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy side dish.
- 1 (1 lb) can sweet potatoes (or yams) or 4 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled ((or yams)
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- Mash potatoes.
- Mix with the juice and butter, sugar and all the seasonings.
- Stir in unbeaten eggs and the apricots.
- Spoon into a well buttered casserole baking dish.
- Bake at 350* for 20 - 25 minutes.
I liked this recipe. It needed a little something extra. Second time I made it the flavor was much imoproved with a dash or cimmamon and cardamom. I added a little buttered walnuts mixed with brown sugar to the top. Perfecto.