1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato and Apple Salad
1 hr 10 mins
A wonderful side dish / salad to serve either straight from the oven or to let come to room temperature for serving. Makes it a wonderful choice during a dinner party since it can cool and still be a delicious. Found in an old Cooking Light magazine. Servings are 1/2 cup in size (I have edited this recipe to reflect a better perception of servings based on reviews)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Wash, peel and cube the sweet potatoes (1 1/2" cubes).
- 2Combine potatoes and onion in a 13x9" baking dish.
- 3Combine sugar, orange juice, oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Then pour this over the potato mixture - tossing well to coat.
- 4Cover baking dish and bake at 350F for 30 minutes (stir occasionally).
- 5Wash and cube the Granny Smith apples (1" cubes). Stir in the apple cubes to the casserole and then bake covered an additional 15 minutes or until apple is tender.
- 6Uncover dish and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g