Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet but not too sweet, perfect for all holidays!
- 3 cups thinly sliced, peeled granny smith apples (, , about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 (1 ounce) slices white bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add the sweet potatoes and the next 4 ingredients (sweet potatoes through pepper).
- Place the sweet potato mixture in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring after 25 minutes.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup.
- Combine breadcrumbs, oil, and nutmeg; sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I tried this one and was little dissappointed. Nothing was wrong with the dish just not to my taste. went together easy and held well in the oven. if you want something different with that same old sweet potato give this one a try as it does have some good points and flavors just didnt mix well on my palate. Thanks for the recipe and the opportunity
These sweet potatoes are so good with the apples. I did add a bit to much lemon juice so I had a tangy taste but still enjoyed! Used grated whole nutmeg for the topping and it was wonderful.