1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin
1 hr 10 mins
Sweet but not too sweet, perfect for all holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups thinly sliced, peeled granny smith apples (, , about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 (1 ounce) slices white bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine apples and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- 3Add the sweet potatoes and the next 4 ingredients (sweet potatoes through pepper).
- 4Place the sweet potato mixture in a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, stirring after 25 minutes.
- 6Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup.
- 7Combine breadcrumbs, oil, and nutmeg; sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- 8Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g