1 hr 15 mins
I got this from a Kitchen Basics Healthy Cooking with Stock cookbook . I have not tried it yet, but it sounds good so I wanted to share it. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups kithchen basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 3/4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 1-inch
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and diced 1-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pure apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 granny smith apple, diced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1Toss together the sweet poatoes, parsnips, garlic and olive oil.
- 2Spresd on sheet pan and bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- 3Tranfer half of the roasted vegetables to a blender and puree with 3 cups of the stock.
- 4Pour into a large saucepan.
- 5Repeat with the remaining vegetables and stock.
- 6Add the apple cider and tobasco and heat through.
- 7Season to taste.
- 8Serve with the diced apples and minced parsley.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Apple Cider Soup
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsalted vegetable stock