Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this from a Kitchen Basics Healthy Cooking with Stock cookbook . I have not tried it yet, but it sounds good so I wanted to share it. Hope you enjoy.
- 6 cups kithchen basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 3⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 1-inch
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and diced 1-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pure apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 granny smith apple, diced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Toss together the sweet poatoes, parsnips, garlic and olive oil.
- Spresd on sheet pan and bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Tranfer half of the roasted vegetables to a blender and puree with 3 cups of the stock.
- Pour into a large saucepan.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables and stock.
- Add the apple cider and tobasco and heat through.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with the diced apples and minced parsley.