Recipe by spicytunaroll
This recipe from sunshinerecipes.com sounds like a delicious combination of sweet potatoes and apples. My kitchen is piled full of desserts now so I haven't made this yet. Hope it's good!
Top Review by house in the woods
used this recipe last year for thanksgiving and I am back again for this years. I have a large group and diverse group of eaters and these potatoes made the request list by all.
- 3 apples
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender and remove skins and cut into slices.
- Peel the apples and remove the core and slice into rings.
- In a greased 9 x 6 inch baking dish alternate the potatoes and apples.
- Mix together the orange juice, sugar, cinnamon allspice and rum and l tablespoon melted butter and pour over the potatoes and apples.
- Bake the Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole for 30 minutes or until brown and liquid is absorbed.