Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe from sunshinerecipes.com sounds like a delicious combination of sweet potatoes and apples. My kitchen is piled full of desserts now so I haven't made this yet. Hope it's good!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender and remove skins and cut into slices.
- Peel the apples and remove the core and slice into rings.
- In a greased 9 x 6 inch baking dish alternate the potatoes and apples.
- Mix together the orange juice, sugar, cinnamon allspice and rum and l tablespoon melted butter and pour over the potatoes and apples.
- Bake the Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole for 30 minutes or until brown and liquid is absorbed.
used this recipe last year for thanksgiving and I am back again for this years. I have a large group and diverse group of eaters and these potatoes made the request list by all.