Recipe by YnkyGrlDwndr
I haven't tried this yet. But it caught my eye because I often find forequarter chops on special and could use some new ideas on cooking them. It comes from my Sunbeam Slow Cooker Recipe Booklet.
Top Review by I'mPat
Great dish, I used pork loin chops bone in, removed excess fat and rind which I oiled and salted and then refrigerated and then baked in a super hot oven for crackly. The pork chops were falling off the bone and oh so tender and with the apple, prunes and onion made a wonderful sauce to go with them. Thank you YnkyGrlDwndr, made for Make My Recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 kg forequarter pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 3 medium red onions, cut into thick wedges
- 4 medium green apples, cored and cut into quarters
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 250 g seedless prunes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh sage
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a large fry pan over medium heat, cook chops for 1 minute each side or until lightly brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in fry pan, add onions and cook 2-3 minutes or until they have softened. Add apples and toss in pan, stirring frequently, until apple begins to color. Place in bottom of slow cooker. Add stock, prunes and 1 Tb of fresh sage.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours
- Season to taste, serve with a sprinkle of fresh sage.