Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend, Jennifer, made this for me while I was recuperating from the birth of my second daughter. It was so delicious (and SO EASY)that I just HAD to have the recipe! Thanks, J-Lo! I have also made this with Hormel tenderloins and cut in half (lengthwise)
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 12 -16 ounces apricot preserves
- Wrap tenderloin in bacon.
- Place onions in bottom of 9x13" casserole dish.
- Lay tenderloins on top of onions.
- Mix soy sauce and apricot preserves and pour on top of wrapped tenderloins.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- Place sliced tenderloin on top of rice and garnish with onions. Serve with white rice.
Excellent flavor in this recipe. I refused to turn my oven on since it is so hot here so I placed the onion, pork and sauce on heavy duty aluminun foil (doubled) rolled up the sizes to make a barrier for the sauce and grilled mine on medium indirect heat for 1 hour and it turned out very moist and very tender. Served with Jasmine rice. Thanks so much for this keeper recipe.
Delicious! Very moist with a great tasting sauce. Used low sodium soy sauce. Thank You!