Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tender and flavorful. Serve with rice.
Make and share this Sweet Pork Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 6 tablespoons grated palm sugar or 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 asian red shallots, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, to garnish (optional)
- Remove bone and outer rind from the ribs.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Combine fish sauce, ketjap manis, pepper, and 1 cup warm water.
- Place sugar in wok with 2 tablespoons water and stir over low heat (300°F) until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase to medium heat (350°F) and let boil, without stirring until sugar turns an even golden brown (5 minutes).
- Add pork and shallots, and stir to coat.
- Add sauce; stir until any hard bits of sugar have melted.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; then cook uncovered, stirring often, until the meat is cooked and the sauce is sticky (20-30 minutes).
- Garnish with cilantro, and serve with rice.