Recipe by *Parsley*
A colorful stir-fry. Serve over rice or pasta, if desired.
Top Review by Lise in Indiana
Very nice stir-fry! I just happened to have a little fresh asparagus and fresh pineapple left over from a birthday celebration. This was perfect. The sauce was quick and delicious, not too sweet. A complete meal, I served it over rice with a Hawaiian roll along side. This will become a regular dish here. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks (fresh or drained canned)
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pork in oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok until just browned.
- Stir in onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until onions are soft.
- Stir in asparagus and carrots and cook until asparagus and carrots are tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, water, honey, and cornstarch. Pour into skillet ans continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.