Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe that a friend of mine makes and she said that she found it when she was living in New Orleans. I guess that it's Southern USA Cooking!
- 8 pork chops
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion, in rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup Coke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- First mix all the spices.
- Then put half of the spice mixture and the garlic minced to the pork chops. Leave them for 1 hour.
- Brown the pork in a skillet with the oil and the put them in a casserole dish.Add the remaining spice mix.
- Put the butter at the skillet then the maple syrup and arrange the onion rings. Cook until tender.
- Place the onions on the pork chops.
- Add half of the coke in the skillet and then add the apple and cook until tender.
- Place them apples at the pork chops and add the remaining coke.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes at 330°F.
Wow...I really loved the flavor of these pork chops. I must admit, the ingredients sounded interesting, but I wasn't really sure how these would turn out. The combination of ingredients really made for a great tasting pork chop. Thanks, again katia, for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We LOVED these!!!!!!! And they came out so pretty, too!!!!!!! (I sliced my apples instead of chopping them.) Thank you so much!!!!!! :) :)
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Katia. These pork chops were the bomb. The meat was moist and tender, the sauce was enhanced by the apples and sweet onions which blended well with the coke and maple syrup, creating a delicious sweet sauce.