Recipe by katia
This is a recipe that a friend of mine makes and she said that she found it when she was living in New Orleans. I guess that it's Southern USA Cooking!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Wow...I really loved the flavor of these pork chops. I must admit, the ingredients sounded interesting, but I wasn't really sure how these would turn out. The combination of ingredients really made for a great tasting pork chop. Thanks, again katia, for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
- 8 pork chops
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion, in rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup Coke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- First mix all the spices.
- Then put half of the spice mixture and the garlic minced to the pork chops. Leave them for 1 hour.
- Brown the pork in a skillet with the oil and the put them in a casserole dish.Add the remaining spice mix.
- Put the butter at the skillet then the maple syrup and arrange the onion rings. Cook until tender.
- Place the onions on the pork chops.
- Add half of the coke in the skillet and then add the apple and cook until tender.
- Place them apples at the pork chops and add the remaining coke.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes at 330°F.