1/1 Photo of Sweet Pork Barbacoa
8 hrs 10 mins
Slow-cooked pork tenderloin in a very sweet, spicy, smokey, Mexican-inspired sauce. Super easy. Cooks in a crock pot. Great in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and salads!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3-5 lbs pork tenderloin (buy the leanest looking one you can)
- 20 ounces Pepsi (not diet)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo (will only be using the sauce, which provides the spicy and the smokey flavors)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1Dump peppers into a mesh sieve or strainer, and then holding the sieve over your crock pot, pour the Pepsi through them to get all that delicious sauce into the pot. Discard peppers.(I know it seems like a waste, but adding the peppers will make it too spicy. This small amount of sauce is perfect for the recipe.).
- 2Add remaining ingredients and then stir until combined.
- 3Trim as much visible fat from the pork as you can.
- 4Add the meat to the crock pot.
- 5Cook on high for 5 hours.
- 6Shred the pork with two forks and then lower the temperature to low, and cook an additional 3 - 4 hours, until the meat is a nice mahogany color.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pork Barbacoa
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 490.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo