Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a sweet bread, different from the popular lemon poppy seed flavor. Very simple to make and very moist and tasty! Can also be made into muffins.
For bread or muffins
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With electric mixer, combine oil, applesauce, and sugar.
- Add almond, butter, and vanilla flavorings.
- Blend in milk.
- Add eggs and blend until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Blend in poppy seeds.
- Spray two loaf pans with nonstick spray, or prepare muffin pan with nonstick spray or muffin papers.
- Bake bread at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes (muffins take about 20-25 minutes).
- Pour glaze on bread or muffins while still warm. I do this a little bit at a time so the bottom doesn't get soggy.