Recipe by suzanrafehi
These sweet cookies are so good! This recipe came from my grandma. I made them at home; my family and friends kept asking for more!
- 1 pita bread (white or whole wheat)
- oil (for frying)
- syrup (atir)
Directions See How It's Made
- First you take the pita and you put it in a bowl .
- Pour water in the bowl and make the pita into dough by mixing it with your hands. In the end it should look like a pizza dough!
- After your done with that role the dough and make it look like the shape of a pencil but bigger of course .
- Start cutting it like your cutting a cucumber, looking like shapes of a rectangle. Eventually there should be about 30 pieces .
- After you're done, press each piece a little with your hand to flatten it out.
- Take them and put them in the fryer until they look golden.
- Pour the syrup (atir) over them and enjoy!