These are little hot bites! These are awesome! My friend had these at a celebration for 30 guests and they kept making them all nice and fresh!! The looked so great and taste even better! Got the recipe and then tried to find out more about them! Peppadew is the brand name of sweet piquanté peppers grown in the Limpopo province of South Africa. This type of piquante peppers was discovered and isolated in the 1990s. The name is derived from "Pepper" and "dew". Although the pepper is sometimes described as a cross between a pepper and a tomato, this description is not botanically accurate, and refers only to the resemblance in color and size between Peppadew and cherry tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces phyllo pastry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into small slices
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 chopped peppadew peppers (PEPPADEW Sweet Piquante Peppers)
- 1 -2 tablespoon peppadew pepper juice (PEPPADEW Sweet Piquante liquid)
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 1Take 2 tbsp of liquid from a 14.75 oz jar of Peppadew Sweet Piquante Peppers.
- 2Gently fry the courgettes, mushrooms, garlic, tomato puree and sugar in the olive oil until soft.
- 3Add the Sweet Piquante Peppers and their liquid and season to taste.
- 4Put 8 small upturned ramekins on a baking sheet. or small muffin tins.
- 5Brush with melted butter.
- 6Cut filo pastry sheets in half and layer 3 pieces over the mould, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown at 400°F.
- 8Gently reheat the mixture and pile into the ramekins.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Piquante Pepper/Peppadew Baskets
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.7
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 940.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peppadew pepper juice