Recipe by aviva
Great Kugel recipe for Rosh Hashana or to enjoy anytime!
Top Review by sabrah1033
I will definitly be trying this one for my Chanukah dessert this year. My kugel is usually just the same as yours but the pineapple sounds heavenly! By the way...My name is Aviva too. And I also have 2 young children. drop me an email sometime to chat. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10 ounces wide egg noodles
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces melted margarine or 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup parve non-dairy milk substitute or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Mix together next nine ingredients.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over kugel.
- If desired, you may increase the amount of topping ingredients proportionately to make an even sweeter, crunchier top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.