Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great Kugel recipe for Rosh Hashana or to enjoy anytime!
Make and share this Sweet Pineapple Lokshin (Noodle) Kugel recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces wide egg noodles
- 6 eggs
- 4 ounces melted margarine or 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup parve non-dairy milk substitute or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Mix together next nine ingredients.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over kugel.
- If desired, you may increase the amount of topping ingredients proportionately to make an even sweeter, crunchier top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
I will definitly be trying this one for my Chanukah dessert this year. My kugel is usually just the same as yours but the pineapple sounds heavenly! By the way...My name is Aviva too. And I also have 2 young children. drop me an email sometime to chat. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wow, what a delicious recipe. This was so easy to make and has such a great sweet flavor to it. I doubled the topping and it was delicious. I made it for a party and people were taking seconds and asking for the recipe. Thank you Aviva for sharing this recipe!
I haven't actually tried this yet but it looks just like the one my mother used to make that I loved so much. Think I'll make it for dinner this week!