Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came out of a recent cookbook on diabetic cooking. A friend of mine made a copy of the recipe but couldn't recall the name of the cookbook!
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute (measure for measure)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream & sugar substitute in small bowl.
- Place pineapple in a fine mesh strainer, & using the back of a spoon, press down firmly to release excess liquid.
- Combine drained pineapple with cream cheese mixture, & stir until completely blended.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
Made recipe as written for 2 servings. This was outstanding as we enjoyed it. Great flavors. Made for Gimme 5.
I used a fresh pineapple and all but one of our guests liked it very much. I did add a few roughly chopped pineapple pieces at the end too... as a guest who wandered into the kitchen wanted them in. Please see my Rating System: A nice refreshing change from many other styles of dip that should please most. Thanks!
I served this with grapes, peaches, muskmelon, pears and bananas tonight. My friends really enjoyed it. This is very easy to make. I put the pineapple into a coffee filter and squeezed out the juice. I also used cream cheese in making mine. Made for Edition 5: *Make My Recipe 2008* game from the Aussie/NZ forum