Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a sweet recipe. It was my Grandmother's recipe that I have updated a little with some other recipes I have found. You can also add celery (but my husband does not care for it, so I don't). I know this looks like a lot of ingredients- but it is really worth it!
- 6 eggs
- 12 medium white potatoes
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups salad dressing (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sweet relish
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup tbsps sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- paprika, to taste
- Hard boil the eggs. Put into an ice water bath until you are ready to use them. (let sit at least 10 minutes).
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Boil until tender (about 8 - 9 minutes). Drain potatoes, put into a large bowl, add vinegar, stir gently. Let sit until room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Make dressing: mix onion, celery salt, relish, salad dressing, mayo, mustard, sugar, and milk.
- Gently mix dressing into potatoes. Then mix in chopped eggs.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top.
- Can be eaten right away- but it is better when refrigerated overnight.