Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
As I was a child, I remember every summer walking around a sticky kitchen floor from the old 13-day sweet pickles in the old fashioned crock that my mother would slave over, but this takes over and is done within 24 hrs.
- Pour sour pickles into strainer, rinsing thoroughly.
- Discard juice.
- Slice and return to strainer, to allow more juice to drain.
- Rinse under running water allowing as much of the"sour" juice to come out as possible.
- I hold a hand-full between my hands and mash lightly then rinse again.
- (Making sure to remove as much of the sour juice as possible.) Return sliced, rinsed, pickles to gallon jar alternating with sugar till all pickles and sugar are in jar.
- Replace lid tightly and shake jar till all sugar dissolved.
- Set jar on counter up-side-down rotating right-side-up every hour.
- Pickles are sweet and crunchy by the next day.
- Ready to use!