Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
Sweet, crisp pickle made in the micro!! Make as many or as few as you want. They keep really well -- if you can keep any of them!!
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced thin
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- In microwave safe bowl, put all ingredients.
- Cook uncovered on high for 4 min.
- Cook 3 more minutes, until bubbly.
- Put in jar and refrigerate.
Wonderful!!! I am a first time pickler (?) and I chose this because it was a small batch and very easy. I was so excited when they smelled like pickles, and just delighted that they taste so good. As good, no better than store-bought because I made them.
Terrific recipe! I never thought making pickles could be so easy. I used 1/2 Splenda & 1/2 sugar.
Oh my gravy, these are the best pickles. I make a jar almost every week since trying them. I have left out the celery seed and mustard seed and pickeling spices this makes them taste like sweet gerkins.