Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
First attempt at pickling anything
- 1⁄2 lb fresh jalapeno, sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a small sauce pan, sear jalapenos in butter. Add 1 Tbsp sugar and stir till well coated. Add tomatoes and continue to stir until jalapenos begin to soften about 2 minutes.
- Add half the vinegar and stir until well mixed. Remove from heat and add mixture to the canning jar.
- Use the remaining vinegar to de-glazeand add remaining ingredients to the same pan. Heat to a simmer and allow the onion to double in size.
- Add liquid to the jar leaving a 1/4 in head space. Allow to cool and store in a cool dry place.