Recipe by Bergy
Another recipe from the cook book "Company's Coming". Try adding some chili peppers to the brine and leave in the Egg jar.
Top Review by EdistoMikey
Not really a rating, just a commemt/suggestion. Instead of tying the spices up in cheesecloth, just pour them in the vinegar. Then, when you pour the vinegar/brine over the eggs, just strain it through a fine mesh strainer. Can't wait to try the eggs, though!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices, tied in double layer of cheese cloth
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the eggs with the onion in a 2 quart jar to within 1" of the top. Put all the brine ingredients (except spice bag) in a pot and over medium heat bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Swish the spice bag around in the brine for 30 seconds.
- Pour brine over the eggs, leave for 2 weeks in the fridge before serving.
- Make sure the eggs are completely covered.