My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the tomatoes and prick each one in several places with the tines of a fork.
- 2Dissolve the sugar in the water, bring to a boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove the tomatoes and to the syrup add the ginger root, lemon juice and rind, and salt.
- 5Simmer the syrup for 15 minutes, return the tomatoes to the syrup and cook about 30 minutes longer, or till the syrup is thick and the tomatoes are transparent.
- 6Turn into hot jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pickled Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1084.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 410.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 278.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 272.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: