1/17 Photos of Sweet Pickled Banana Peppers
I love these peppers on hot dogs, hamburgers or what ever. They are so easy to make. You can double the recipe with no problem. I have never water bathed these pickles the jars have always sealed securely and I have used them a year or so later, Just be sure that the top has sealed and you have heard it POP. If the jar does not seal fully store in the fridge and use within a couple of months. As you can see from the picture, I often mix hot Jalapeno, Anaheim, Banana and any other peppers on hand - the result is medium hot pickled peppers. If you are at all concerned about food safety and would feel better water-bathing them, by all means do so - Just follow the instructions is any canning book - I recommend 15 minutes in the water-bath.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb banana pepper, seeded and sliced crossways into rings
- 1Sterilize 2- 1/2 pint jars.
- 2Bring the vinegar, sugar, mustard seed and celery seed to a rolling boil.
- 3Place peppers in the 1/2 pint jars.
- 4Pour on the hot pickling juice and bring liquid to within 1/2" of the top.
- 5Be sure the edge of the jar has no juice on it.
- 6Place lids and screw on bands finger-tip tight.
- 7Seal jar and leave for 2 weeks.**.
- 8**This is an heirloom recipe that uses a method no longer recommended by the USDA/NCHFP (National Center for Home Food Preservation). Current guidelines recommend processing in a boiling water bath at least 10 minutes at sea level to 1000 feet in elevation (more time at higher elevations) and left to cool, upright and undisturbed, on a cloth-protected counter for 24 hours. Check for seal; if the jar hasn't sealed, either re-process the jars within the 24 hours or refrigerate and use first.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pickled Banana Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 55.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g