Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are from a nice old lady I met and she had won a Blue Ribbon at the Fair for these. She gave me a jar and we loved them. I have been making them since and they are well liked by family and friends.
- 6 -8 medium cucumbers (may use more)
Make a solution of
- 3 3⁄4 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Use 6-8 medium cucumbers. Cut into sticks. Pour boiling water over them and let stand 5 hours. Drain and pack into jars.
- Boil solution for 5 minutes Pour over cucumbers in the jars. Put on top and screw band tight. Process in boiling water 5 minutes.