Recipe by MizzNezz
Since we're all talking gardening, thought I'd post our all time favorite sweet pickle. Prep time is for soaking the cucumbers.
- 7 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 8 cups sugar
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 9 teaspoons celery seeds
- 9 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 6 quarts medium cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut the cucumbers in sticks.
- Pour boiling water over the cucumber sticks and let stand for 4 hours.
- Drain and pack into 6 quart jars.
- Put all other ingredients in large pot.
- Boil this for 6 minutes.
- Pour hot liquid over the cucumbers, and seal firmly.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.