1/3 Photos of Sweet Pickle Relish
Donna Matthews's Note:
After much experimentation with ingredients and ratios, this is my favorite sweet pickle relish. I usually can it when the burpless cukes from the garden get away from me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To deseed cucumbers, I cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with my finger.
- 2I chop the unpeeled cucumbers as well as the other vegetables with a Pampered Chef chopper.
- 3Put all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- 4Sprinkle the salt over the chopped vegetables.
- 5Cover with cold water and let stand for 2 hours.
- 6Drain vegetables well, then press out as much liquid as possible.
- 7In a large pot, combine sugar, vinegar and seeds.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Add vegetables.
- 10Bring back to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 11Using a slotted spoon, put into pint jars according to standard canning procedures.
- 12(Note: Although some of the brine needs to go in the jars, I use a slotted spoon to keep it from being too soupy.).
- 13Process in a hot water bath according to your altitude (10 minutes for up 50 1000 ft.).
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pickle Relish
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 0.1 g