Recipe by tonyp063
A recipe with a lovely blend of sweet and spicy. The relish adds a bit of sweet crunch, while the horseradish adds heat and a spicy kick.
Top Review by Kristy D.
Mmmm, these are so good! I made these for a potluck and there were a ton of other kinds of deviled eggs brought, but when I got through the line, I got the last one of these!! I thought there was a bit too much relish, and may cut that by half next time. I tasted the mixture when I made it, but when I served them the following day, the flavor was so much better. I really recommend making these the day before to let the flavors blend. Thanks for posting.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped onions (Vidalia is nice)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 -2 teaspoon horseradish, well drained (more or less to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop out (remove) the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, onion, relish, horseradish, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day before serving.