Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Peshwari naans are naan breads filled with coconut and raisin and are divine! Here the rice is cooked with the same ingredients to make a sweet rice which goes very well with curries such as Korma. Feel free to add more almonds and sultanas if you are partial to them.
- 350 g basmati rice
- 600 ml water
- 4 cloves
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice in the water with the cloves according to the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain the rice thoroughly and carefully take out the cloves.
- In a separate saucepan heat the ghee and the sugar on a low heat so that it caramelizes.
- Add the cinnamon stick, bay leaves, cumin seeds and stir.
- Add the drained rice and some sultanas and chopped almonds and stir thoroughly.
- Cover and cook gently on a low heat for 5-10 mins stirring occasionally to make sure the bottom does not burn.
- Serve hot.