Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty cabbage, onion, and red, yellow and green pepper slaw from a magazine clipping. Make-ahead; cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Keeps well in the refrigerator. Great for picnics and pot lucks. Use a mandolin to thinly slice vegetables or use the fine slice blade of a food processor. I usually add a couple teaspoons of sugar to the dressing mixture but that is just personal preference.
- 473.18 ml cabbage, green, shredded (or use Napa cabbage)
- 236.59 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, red onion, and red, yellow and green peppers.
- Add vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
A nice change from my usual slaw! I only had red bell pepper, so used that, and scaled the recipe back for one. I tired as is, then added a pinch of sugar. I enjoyed it both ways. Thanks!